If you need to write essays, it is also useful to use however, nevertheless, nonetheless or even so to introduce the final part of a three-part structure:
* in the first part you might outline an argument, introducing it perhaps with it is often said;
* in the second part you might indicate that there is supporting evidence using it is true or certainly to introduce these ideas;
* in the third part introduce the counter-argument with however or one of the other discourse markers listed above.
- It is said that water pollution is one of the greatest evils in this country.
- It is true that more and more factories are being built along this stretch of the river and that a certain amount of waste will inevitably be discharged into the river.
- However, in all the discussions that I have had with these firms' representatives, I have not found one who does not have a responsible attitude to environmental protection.
If you are in Buenos Aires and want English lessons personally designed to fit your needs, please call Professor Winn at 1160 461 342 or send an email to email@example.com.
Anyone interested in English-language services or translations (Sp/Fr/Pt>En) may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt evaluation.
Buy your English-language texts today!