Monday, May 17, 2010

CELTA Class Update

buzz this
Wow, it is hard to believe there is just one more month left for the completion of my CELTA certification!

The course has certainly shaped how I currently teach my English classes.

The practice of filling out the Teaching Practice booklet every week I teach seemed tedious at first, but actually serves a broader purpose. It yields a disciplined and methodical approach to designing the best class for my students!

The course helps me develop as a seasoned professional and ensures my students receive the best instruction possible.

The first part of the course involved teaching intermediate classes. Now, my group has basic classes. The contrast between the two levels could not be more stark. The challenges unique to each level and how to overcome them is an education in itself.

I have made great friends among my teaching peers and we learn a lot from each other.

Have you embarked on your own CELTA certification? What happened? How are you doing now? I would like to know your experiences during and post-CELTA.

Stay tuned for more developments!

*** If you are in São Paulo and need English lessons, or Elite English Services including translations (Spanish/French/Portuguese to English), please call Professor Winn at 6214-1511 or send an email to mrenglish101@gmail.com for a prompt evaluation. Buy your English-language texts today!

No comments: